Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wind Gusts: 50 MPH, Feels Like: The Apocalypse


Today was certainly a great day to stay in and knit!  While the temperature warmed up to just about 40°, the wind has been INSANE!  Healy is pretty much known around Alaska as being a veritable wind tunnel, and today it earned it's reputation to be sure.   As I'm typing this it sounds as though my cabin is going to lift off into the night air and be taken away to the north pole.  Pretty scary.  The warm temps mixed with the wind is wreaking havoc on the snow accumulation on my roof...







All the snow accumulated on the back right half of my cabin slid off just while I was trying to take those pictures!   Pretty crazy.   It truly feels like spring is here!   Here are a couple pictures from this past spring...







Perhaps I should be glad my roof is getting cleared a little now, so the buildup isn't quite so awesome?


Last night after I finished my cheesy RomCom (Friends with Benefits staring JT and Mila Kunis) and turned off the lights to head up to bed, I was treated to an unexpectedly clear sky and... AURORA!   I love it when she surprises me...







It wasn't the most amazing display of northern lights (or RomCom) of my life, but even the weak ones are pretty awesome.   I would always rather see some dancing, colorful lights in the night sky than a bunch of clouds...   
Shout out to Portland!:) 


Progress on the new puzzle is slow, but rather rewarding. 




Puzzle tip of the week: Take many breaks so you come back to puzzling with fresh eyes.   Pieces you were trying to find for AGES turn right up!  


Ah puzzles, I think I enjoy them as they are such a metaphor for life!


I'm going to go hide under my covers now until this cyclone disperses...  

No comments:

Post a Comment