Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sourdough, Sirius and Solstice




Merry Winter Solstice to all!   Time stands still for but a moment on this the shortest day, just to continue back towards the light.   I should get a full 25 seconds more sunlight when next it rises... how thrilling!   Where'd I put my sunscreen?


Loaf #2...




AND... another puzzle finished.   I better slow down or I'm going to run out of puzzles before this winter is up!   Can you spot the missing piece?:)  




I've started yet another puzzle, in the style of a mosaic.   The pictures are so tiny on this one, I think it'll present quite a challenge.   One of the little pictures is reminiscent of my sweet plant, Jizzelle, that I left in Portland... say hi to her from me please Noah:)



The night sky has been amazingly clear and bright and spectacular lately.   I go outside and get into my stargazing seat...






I've learned where some of the major constellations are.   Also, I've never seen the Milky Way with such clarity as I have in the past few nights.   Marvelous!   The brightest star in my winter constellation is Sirius, or the Dog Star.   The dog days of winter are here again!   



Sirius is the bright star in the bottom of the picture.   I wish I could take better pictures of the night sky, but my camera just isn't up to the task.   What I really need is a telescope I guess...



1 comment:

  1. What have you done in your extra minute(s) of daylight?

    ReplyDelete