Monday, December 5, 2011

One Flying Wolverine on the Rocks, Please




Two days later, and wow, what a change!   It's hard to believe that just yesterday I was marveling at the lack of snow and ice around me, and today I had to dig myself OUT of it.  Yesterday I woke up to the pleasant sound of RAIN.   It was rather refreshing, but kinda made my surroundings a little gross with all the slush from melting snow.   Everything was so... GREEN... 




However, as I was drinking my morning coffee and feeling like spring had sprung, the rain abruptly changed...




SNOW!  And how!  Not even just a little snow, but like... WHOA. 
It continued to snow all night, and ALL day today too.   The wind picked up again in the afternoon creating a BLIZZARD!   Needless to say, I had a LOT of shoveling to do.   It was pretty exhausting, yet quite rewarding!  There's really nothing like the feeling of sliding the shovel into a huge heap of snow and then flinging it into a pile:)   I even had to DIG the snow off my car...






I did manage to have some fun mixed with my hard shoveling work...





It was truly amazing to actually WATCH as the snow fell and changed the scene around me.   One of the trees across from my porch became so laden with snow, it drooped into my walkway, over my oil tank and actually froze to my roof...






The most drastic changes occurred to my roof I think.   In the span of two days my roof went from having a buildup of two feet of snow/ice, having that slide off, next snow began collecting again, then started sliding off again, and lastly icicles have formed.  Wow.  



  
Icicles are a safety hazard!   So I'm putting them to good use...




Time to sit back, watch the snow fall and enjoy my new drink concoction: 
The Flying Wolverine!


Flying Wolverine recipe: mix one part bottom shelf rum with three parts "plonk" white wine, add icicle and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment