Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mind-Blowing Borealis Bonus Blog!


... and Valentine's Cupcakes!  With milk, white and butterscotch chocolate chips and lemon icing... yum!


Tonight at about eight PM, Belle wanted to go outside.   So I let her out, and I decided to empty my under-sink bucket while I was up.   I noticed Aurora was out, so I got my camera to take some pictures.   It was a pretty nice display, but nothing too amazing.   Then as I was shooting, the lights brightened and started darting across the sky.   Leaping up and down and around in intense blue and green and pink!   It turned into the most insane display of Aurora I've ever seen!   I absolutely LOVE the juxtaposition of the dark clouds with the colorful bright lights... like, WHOA.  Then after about five minutes of intense lights... she died away to just a star filled sky.   Check it out...
















I don't usually even bother checking for Aurora until after ten PM, so I'm so glad Belle roused me from my knitting.   The night sky after Aurora dies away reminds me of a house just cleaned up after a wild party.   It's hard to imagine that such an event just occurred...


Okay, that's all!   North to the future!

1 comment: