Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wells, Blogs and Barking Dogs

Welcome to town!
You may live next to an incessantly barking hound,
but don't let that get you down!


Enjoy mountains?  How about snow?
We have more kinds than even Eskimos know!
No manicured lawns for you to mow;
only a deep well for your H2O,
just don't forget your hose when you go!








 
Advice I neglected to heed,
so back to my cabin for what I need.
At least I didn't forget the keys!




Got my gloves, hose and my water,
sure, it could be a little hotter,
but I'm just about happy as a sea otter!



Here it is!   My first blog!    Are you excited!?!?   
Now that you've been welcomed... would you please come in out of the cold?
Make yourself at home...




Would you like a tour of the cabin?   Very well.   








Coffee?   Tea?   Biscuit?







Oh, too much coffee?   Need to use the facilities? Just head right out back...




Ah, Alaska!    The great white north.   The last frontier.   Home.


Alaska has held my heart for almost a decade, however I never actually made the journey until a little over two years ago.   Just dipping my toes into the pool of Alaska by working there for the summer, and then returning to the "outside" for the winter.    This year is different.   I'm spending the winter in the frozen north.    AND blogging all about it!


N 63.97   W 149.12


Check it out!


Revelation of the day:  I checked the extension cord for my car's block heater today, and it's about 10 feet too short.    So much for preparation!   Fingers crossed it doesn't get TOO far below 0 ° any time soon!


Listening to: New Order (with David Byrne) Pandora station


Reading: Freddy's Book by John Gardner 


Knitting: A rad afghan  


Wishing: The aurora forecast was higher than a 2

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linsday! cool blog, hope you're staying warm. I really like your cabin! it looks way cool (cooler than ara... whoa!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog Lindsay! You are literally living in a log cabin! It looks like a nice place. Stay warm and remember your hose when you go for water.

    Allen

    ReplyDelete