Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow...snow......SNOW!


This winter was beginning to disappoint me with it's lack of cold and snow.  As January comes to an end, winter is BACK!

Yesterday clouds covered the sky; descending over mountains and trees; bringing inches, and inches and feet of snow in a matter of hours...





Branches hung low to the ground with the weight of so much fluffy snow, and my poor little spruce was once again covered with a thick blanket of snow...


And oh, what fun freeing my truck from it's cold, soft, snowy bonds...



Even my shovels needed to be shoveled out!



Today, I've awoken to glorious sunlight reflecting off all of the beautiful freshly fallen snow in the trees, on the ground, and well, pretty much everywhere...























The little mountains of snow collected on my porch railings rolled over like waves crashing on a snowy shore in the sunlight...





After some work, I cleared my driveway and truck freeeeeee...



These people look like they've some work left to do...:)


And yes... the SUN!


And yes... the COLD!  Here's the temperature at the house I'm sitting for...


My outside thermometer at the cabin froze up at a disconcertingly "warm" temperature...


Here's what it actually is... a little warmer than the house I'm caring for!


The kitties enjoyed the snow from their nice warm beds.   Ernie "butterball" Dinglepuss has been enjoying the new bed I made just for him, as he looked pretty silly trying to squeeze into Hadley's bed...


Speaking of Hadley... looks as if she didn't just enjoy the snow from her bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment