Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just Another Day in Bear-a-dise!


Sometimes when I spend too much indoors, I forget that I live in lovely Healy, Alaska.   As I look out the window, it's almost like viewing a painting.   Then I get outside, and it hits me... I actually LIVE in Alaska!   And it's awesome...




















And, for what seems like the first time this entire winter, my old friend Aurora came out!  And how!  The full moon was out, lighting up the outdoors as if in dim sunlight.  This allowed me to actually see out of my windows at night with my indoor lights on.  And what I saw was Aurora dancing vividly across the entire sky!   Oh, how all the colors were out... red... blue... green.  Though the bright moonlight helped Aurora catch my eye in the first place, it also dimmed her brilliant light display.   Aurora came on quick and seemed to leave just as quickly... but I managed to catch a part of her...




No comments:

Post a Comment