Tuesday, April 16, 2013

When Will It Ever End?


Snow, snow, snow
Cold
Shovel, pile up, blow
Cold
Global warming?
Try ice storming


Apparently my first winter in Alaska, 2012, was one of the overall warmest on record.   SO, the fact that it's STILL snowing and cold in mid April should come as no surprise.  It's still a little disconcerting that at this time last year it was 40° during the day, and this year it's in the 20's.   

Sure, it's not particularly cold when compared to all the below 0 temperatures over the winter.  HOWEVER, I just can't imagine all this snow EVER melting.

I love snow!  I also love gardening!  I just want to get started with the growing season!  My poor sprouts may never live through the marauding cats and bitter cold to reach maturity...





Speaking of those furry beasts, even if it's still too cold and snowy to enjoy the outdoors, they're at least enjoying the springtime sunshine...

























If you are reading this, please send HELP!  
We need reinforcements!   Mainly, more SUN!  


No comments:

Post a Comment