Monday, March 11, 2013

I Was Thinking Today...


While sipping my morning coffee and working on a crossword puzzle, I watched the smoke from the wood boiler pouring out over the spruce trees in the yard.   

I wondered... do the living trees feel a sense of fear and dread having to breath in the smoke of their dead comrades?   Every day of their lives in the winter, do the trees worry that there's a forest fire approaching?   

Now, it's hard for me to enjoy my breakfast as what was once a lovely, peaceful winter scene, now seems like an impending tree Holocaust.

Is it spring yet or what??

                                            VOLE!

I'm still amazed at the little animals that remain active all winter long.  They are truly an inspiration to me:)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment