Saturday, April 7, 2012

Come for the Snow, Stay for the Slush


Wow, I feel like I haven't posted in AGES.   I guess that's what having a normal work schedule is like?   Being at work is pretty much just an extension of cabin life anyway.   The Chalet in Denali Park is still absolutely COVERED in snow.   To get from one building to another, I have to traverse through snow tunnel walkways...






Now I know what it feels like to be one of the voles that lives under my cabin!


I said it before, and I'll say it again... it's hard to imagine the Chalet being ready for tourists in one month...



Though I felt like winter was losing it's grip there for a second, it seems to have gained some footing back.   April snow flurries bring May slush worries?







And... more MOOSE!   I finally saw the mama and yearling moose that were making tracks around Tilly's house...





Tilly was bummed that her leash prevented her from chasing the moose or the group of ravens by her house.   So she comforted herself with "catching" her plush raven instead...


I think on my day off of work today, I'm going to get in some skiing while there's still snow and the weather is relatively warm.   Hadley however has other ideas it seems...

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos, Lindsay. Your furry friends are so-o-o cute! M.

    ReplyDelete