Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bigger Than Massachusetts and New Jersey and Rhode Island...


Mid-April, and it feels as though I'm hurtling towards summer at light speed... for real!   The sky at 11:00 PM looks pretty different from its December appearance.   Midnight Sun is just around the corner...




With the warming and brightening and melting going on all around me, things are quite different in my surroundings.   Here's a look back...


                                  Then...                                                 Now...



                                              Then...
                                                                       
                                                                      Now...


                                Then...                                               Now...

                                                                           Then...

                                                                           Now...

I've been doing more shoveling this spring then I did all winter!   I'm trying out my engineering skills to reroute the snow melt away from my cabin and outhouse.   Pretty much Panama Style!


My driveway has seen the most change.   I now have TWO parking spots!   And even a sweet walkway between them...





Probably the last icicles of the season... BUT maybe not!   Alaska has her tricks to be sure...
                                                                             




Not only do I dog-sit, I'm now in the cat-sitting business as well.   Welcome Miss Snikiddy to House of Cat...






I'll be housing her for a couple of months for a co-worker.   She's super fluffy and cute!   The three kitties are making friends for the most part.   I even got them ALL in a picture...




Ernesto is pretty much loving life having not one, but TWO cute girls around the cabin.   Hadley is a little jealous of the new girl, but she's just too sweet to be too bitchy:)


With the weather being so warm and sunny lately, the park road was opened up to mile 30 yesterday!   I of course was there for the opening...






There's still a lot of snow around, but here's a comparison picture of last season about a year ago when I first arrived...


                               Then...                                               Now...

The drift was a little larger last season in this spot anyway.   That's not really indicative of the entire park though.   As far as I could tell, there was still PLENTY of snow in DNP!   And how!








The only wildlife I saw were three moose and a herd of caribou.   The bears and ground squirrels haven't stirred from their winter rest yet!









A young couple was already camping out at Teklanika...









Well... I reached the end of the road...





I can't wait for the entire Park to open up in a few weeks!



1 comment:

  1. Pure Brilliance, Lindsay. Love your photos and commentary!!! Looks like you and the kitties are so very happy. Peace, Joy and Love :) M.

    ReplyDelete